We are in full swing for the Holiday season! Although holiday times are fun for some, they can be a daunting time for others with end of the year work deadlines, finding budget friendly presents, or even preparing to throw the ultimate holiday cocktail party. To make life a little easier for you, we have come up with three unique Hors d’oeuvre recipes which will take only minutes to prepare and will leave the attendees talking about it for days.
Goodbye Tequila Shots, Hello Pani Puri Shots!
- Shot Glasses
- 1 packet of pani puri
- 2 large potatoes (boiled and diced)
- 1/4 cup chickpeas (boiled)
- 2-4 drops cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons of tamarind paste
- 2 teaspoons of mint chutney
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons of squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 2 to 3 cups of water (adjust to desired consistency)
- First, put a few tablespoons of oil in a fryer and let it heat.
- Next, place them in a single layer in the fryer for 2 minutes until golden and crispy. Let it cool for 1 minute.
- Then, gently puncture each of the fried puris with a small knife to create a hole large enough to place the filling.
- Mix the potatoes and chickpeas and place the mix in each of the punctured puris until filled.
- In a blender, take water, tamarind paste, mint chutney, cumin powder, lemon juice, salt, paper and chat masala and blend.
- Once the pani is made, fill the shot glass with 3/4 of the pani.
- Place the filled pani puris on top of the filled shot glasses.
You’re the Chutney to my Cocktail Samosa
- Small Appetizers Plates
- 1 Pack of Defrosted Swad Mini Vegetable Cocktail Samosas
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup of Swad’s Mint Chutney
- 1 cup of Swad’s Tamarind Chutney
- After heating up the oil, fry the samosas for 4-6 minutes turning them at regular intervals until thoroughly cooked & golden brown.
- Let them cool for a few minutes.
- Place the appetizer plates in an assembly line, add 2 samosas on each plate and add 1/2 spoon of mint chutney on the right corner of the plate and 1/2 spoon of tamarind chutney on the left side of the plate.
Cholay Salsa your way to the Dance Floor!
- Small Plastic Cups
- 2 cans of boiled chickpeas
- ½ teaspoon of coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 diced onions
- 4 diced tomatoes
- ½ cup of Cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- Strain all of the liquid from the boiled chickpeas.
- Once the boiled chickpeas are dried and added to a bowl, add coriander powder, cumin powder, chaat masala, salt, and mix well.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Take the mixture out and add diced onions, tomatoes and lemon juice. Mix Well.
- Place the plastic cups in an assembly line and fill 3/4 of each cup with the mixture.
- Add a few tortilla chips on top of the cup and top it off with cilantro.
Image Source:cholay salsa cocktail samosa Holiday recipes Indian recipes pani puri shots